- Believe It or Not, I Learned Something About Love and Virtue from ‘Atlas Shrugged’, an essay in Electric Literature about working in New Orleans, 2018.
- A short piece on Star Trek: Deep Space Nine in Unwinnable’s Exploits. (requires payment), 2018.
- An appreciation of games that click back and change the gamers who love them, Ars Technica, 2018.
- I’ve dabbled in music writing recently at Eleven PDX.
- The state(s) of texting and driving in the US, Ars Technica, 2016.
- Samples of work for NewsBeat Social, where I’ve written over 1,000 stories: ScienceTech, World, Health, Nature, Sports.
- Gene Genie, Out of the Bottle, the Technoskeptic, 2016
- I’ve written episodes of SciShow on James Hutton and retroviruses.
- “The Taxman.” Flash Fiction, MASH Stories. 2015.
- “Smartass.” Poem, Strong Verse. 2015.
- “Balloon Rides.” Finalist, Kraken Awards, The Devilfish Review, 2015.
- “Thesis.” Hippocampus Magazine, 2014.
- “Who Could Care?” Art by Monty. In Sequential Suicide: Slop, 803 Studios, 2008.
- “The Gunsmith.” Art by Jess Tanguay. In Sequential Suicide: Rottingwood Road, 803 Studios, 2007.
Unpublished/Self-published works, feel free to share, and maybe drop my name: